Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cheesy Chicken & broccoli hashbrown bake

This was a recipe given to me by a good friend for the crockpot... well I tried it in the crockpot and it didn't turn out AT ALL. I don't know what I did wrong, but I won't attempt it in there again. I tweeked the recipe a bit and turned it into a casserole and let me tell you... DELICIOUS! Even little picky Emma (when did this happen? driving me nuts) scarfed it down!!

You'll need:
26 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns (thawed out a bit)
3 large chicken breast (or more if you like) *PRECOOK THIS*
2 cups broccoli (I used frozen because I didn't have any fresh, but either would work!)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can fiesta nacho cheese soup (next time I might do 2 of these and omit the chix soup)
1 soup can filled with milk
pepper

Do this:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Thaw out your chicken and cut it into small cubes. Precook them in a skillet until juices run clear.
In a greased glass casserole dish, mix in the hashbrowns and broccoli.
In a small bowl, mix together 2 cans of soup and milk. Pour into hashbrown mixture.
Add cooked chicken. 
Mix it all up well. Sprinkle in some pepper (however much you want, I never measure)
Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour!

This would be good with just about anything! Mix in ham instead of chicken, or peas instead of broccoli!

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment